Sunday, June 5, 2011

3301 W Lawrence

North Side! What what, time for a thrift store review!!!!
I almost rode the train to this one, but I would have LITERALLY had to have been on the brown line to the bitter end which was so not happening!!!
So here goes nothing!

Pros:
Boom! This store had a good parking lot. It was enclosed with a fence and its a good size. Went inside to what I found was a decent sized location. They have the "new/good stuff" up front and first thing you see when you walk in. Sweet, that's where I started. Found like 3-4 items in this section, and resisted the urge to shop exclusively here, haha. I found a decent cutesy purse that had a nautical theme with blue and white stripes in the purse section. The store was a good size and had all of the sections you would find in a thrift store. The store had name brand items: Ann Taylor, Express, etc.

Cons:
Well, this store really scored a low mark in my book. It smelled bad, the furniture area was a complete disaster and a staff member made me feel really awkward. The employee followed me and my friend around, and when I discovered that a tag for a cute blue top fell off in the cart, he came up to me and abruptly asked if I needed "help" with the item only to tell me that he couldn't sell the item to me. I was really bothered by this because the employee made me feel unwelcome, and did NOT help me, but rather snatch the item from me. At the very least when I asked if he could price it for me he could have politely denied my request. (By the way, the shirt was priced at $7 which I told him I was more than willing to pay, and if you know thrift stores you know that this is EXPENSIVE for a shirt!!!). After that interaction, I was definitely not in the mood to keep exploring, so it's a good thing I got a good look around prior to being dealt with like this :(
As I said, this store was DIR-TY! It smelled,there were clothes on the ground, and had I wanted to look in the furniture section, heh, well you really couldn't. Not only was so much of the furniture busted and just awful, but there wasn't a walking path to get thru and you had to step over pieces of things in order to manuvere. Not a pretty site.
The jewelry counter was laughable also. They had a nice looking couple of purses, but it was extremely barrren and not very many pieces to even pick over.

This store was a travel for me, it was nothing out of the ordinary and its staff left much to be desired. I won't be returning to this store, and I recommend the same for someone who wants to have a positive thrifting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment